Meet the NxtGens of WMass
- What is the difference between your thinking when you feel at your best and at your worst?; and how can you hold true to what you think is truest?
- If your family business could more successfully navigate difficult discussions and make difficult decisions, how specifically might you be better off or different than you are today?
- How will you detect, immunize from, defend against, what is lurking in your blind spot?
- What is the big competitive advantage of the family members in your company? How can you leverage it better?
- What are the big differences between how you see your company, and how your employees, suppliers and customers see it? What are the implications and consequences of those disparities?
Ira’s More Miscellany
Ira’s family business cartoons
Too many family businesses make decisions in ways that can be described as autocratic, imbalanced, undemocratic, unstrategic, and they who has the...
Many people say the shower, or on a walk, or while trying to clear their head of all thoughts during morning meditation. Those are good, for sure,...
Yesterday I did one of my favorite work activities, which is to speak to Professor Alan Robinson’s MBA class at Isenberg School of Management.
Upcoming + Outstanding
Fri20Oct20178:30 AM - 11:00 AMGreen High Performance Computing Center, Holyoke, MA
FIVE REASONS YOUR BUSINESS NEEDS A SALES PROCESS Sales is
Tue24Oct20175-8:30pmLog Cabin, Holyoke, Mass
fun + important learning using improv and demonstration, about how to make changes, both "soft" and "hard"
Tue05Dec20175:00 pmLog Cabin Banquet and Meeting House, Holyoke, Mass
MIRACLE ON THE HUDSON" SURVIVOR DAVE SANDERSON was not even supposed to be on flight 1549. One story he has to tell is how he survived. Another story is about what lessons he learned about helping get everyone else out alive.
Tue13Mar20185:00pm-8:30pmLog Cabin, Holyoke, Mass
A ROBUST EXPLORATION OF PERFORMANCE EVALUATIONS, HOW THEY TIE TO COMPENSATION AND PROMOTION, SO AS NOT BE POPULARITY CONTESTS, BUT INSTEAD BE GEARED TO THE GOALS OF THE ORGANIZATION