Klem’s is a third-generation family-owned retail store located in Spencer, Massachusetts. Klem’s focuses on quality products, with both national brand names and locally sourced items. Klem’s focuses on a wide variety of events and seminars throughout the year.

Klem’s was founded in 1946 by John and Bernice Klem. It began in Hardwick, Massachusetts, as a tractor repair shop. John Klem met Henry Ford in 1947 and purchased a Ford Tractor dealership, moving to its current Route 9 Spencer location. John passed the business to his son Mike Klem in 1979. He expanded the store to include Agway, and expanded again in 1989 to include a greenhouse and Ace Hardware. Then in 1996 with the closure of a local department store, the business again expanded to include housewares, crafts, educational toys and sporting goods. A 20,000-square-foot expansion was completed in 2004. This latest expansion included updating the aquarium system, the air conditioning sytem for the entire building, and adding more space for merchandise and displays. Mike Klem’s daughter Jessica Bettencourt was appointed president of the business in 2011.

The original store circa 1950s. The store was founded by John Klem as a Ford Tractor dealership.

The store as it is today.

Klem’s has an annual Springfest and Fallfest. The events feature a free bounce house and a very popular tent sale.

Klem’s hosts Wednesday Night Cruising for Charity during the summer.

Klem’s hosts Dockdog Days in July. The three-day event draws hundreds of dogs and has almost a dozen participating rescues and non-profits.

Klem’s staff having some fun at Dockdogs Days.

Klem’s hosts an annual Dog Halloween Costume contest that has over 70 dogs in costume.

Klem’s offers both quality brand name products and local items.

Klem’s

Klem’s is a third-generation family-owned retail store located in Spencer, Massachusetts. Klem’s focuses on quality products, with both national brand names and locally sourced items. Klem’s focuses on a wide variety of events and seminars throughout the year.

Klem’s was founded in 1946 by John and Bernice Klem. It began in Hardwick, Massachusetts, as a tractor repair shop. John Klem met Henry Ford in 1947 and purchased a Ford Tractor dealership, moving to its current Route 9 Spencer location. John passed the business to his son Mike Klem in 1979. He expanded the store to include Agway, and expanded again in 1989 to include a greenhouse and Ace Hardware. Then in 1996 with the closure of a local department store, the business again expanded to include housewares, crafts, educational toys and sporting goods. A 20,000-square-foot expansion was completed in 2004. This latest expansion included updating the aquarium system, the air conditioning sytem for the entire building, and adding more space for merchandise and displays. Mike Klem’s daughter Jessica Bettencourt was appointed president of the business in 2011.

Pin It on Pinterest